The plaque below on the wall of the Post Office is the tribute to the Post Mistress at Oradour on 10th June 1944 from 'La Poste', the French national postal service. In 1944 there was no organisational distinction between the postal and telephony services, they were both part of the same business. The plaque reads, "To the memory of Madame Odette Bouillere Postmistress of the P.T.T. (Poste, Téléphone et Télécommunications) The Post Office"
© Michael Williams: revised December 2007