The Post Office on the Rue Emile Desourteaux. As can be seen this is a very substantial stone built building which also housed the telephone exchange switchboard for the village. The tribute to the Post Mistress can be seen to the right of the entrance. The Goods and Passenger Tram Stations are out of sight to the right of view. Compare this view with that of 1944 and see the effects of 60 years weathering on the façade of the building. The telephone kiosk installed for the visit of General de Gaulle in 1945 is to the right and rear of this view, on the other side of the road.
© Michael Williams: revised April 2007