The road to Peyrilhac circa November 1944
This is the road that leads past the Lorraine refugees school (out of sight on the left down the road) and on to Peyrilhac: see the village plan. Yet again, the burned, rather than blast damaged nature of the village can be seen. Compare this view with the one taken from the church roof. The tram line can be seen in the foreground running down the Rue Emile Desourteaux. The various plaques on the wall to the right had all gone by 2007. The church is to the rear right of the photographer.
© Michael Williams ... April 2007