This view of the road junction of the Rue Emile Desourteaux and the road leading to Peyrilhac was taken from the church roof in the days following the 10th June 1944. Unfortunately the photograph has suffered some damage, but the main features can still be made out, especially the burned nature of the village and the Hotel Milord whose sign is clearly visible (just to the right of middle). The photographer must have been at some risk in climbing so high on such an unstable and badly damaged building. Compare this view with the one taken at ground level by the same person.
© Michael Williams ... July 2008