Memorial to the teachers and schoolchildren
This is the separate memorial to all the schoolchildren and their teachers who were killed on 10th June 1944 at Oradour. It is now located in the school grounds on the Rue de Saint-Maur des Fossés in the new village of Oradour: see village plan. The inscription on the base reads, "To the memory of the 7 School Masters and Mistresses and the 152 little pupils of Oradour-sur-Glane who were led in ranks by the Nazi troops from the schools to the church and massacred there on the 10th June 1944": see also the 1953 photo with Roger Godfrin and the close-up of the tributes.
© Michael Williams: July 2009