Oradour-Fanais Department 16, Charente, looking east on the D98 (the road on the left is the D321 to Luchapt). Like the all the other 'Oradours' pictured on this website, Oradour-Fanais has its church on the left at the entrance to the village. Oradour-Fanais is comparable in size to Oradour-sur-Glane and it is just 28km north-west from it. The church is on the left entering the village, but its steeple lacks the four bartizans of the one in Oradour-sur-Glane. The layout of the village is somewhat different to that of Oradour-sur-Glane in that it lacks a rising main road past the church and it would be difficult to mistake one for the other (even in 1944). See also the view from the west.
© Michael Williams: revised June 2006