This is one of the 10 black, highly polished tablets which are mounted on the back wall of the cemetery (behind the memorial to the dead), which list all 643 victims of the massacre. The tablets run in alphabetical order from left to right, with an 11th one at the far right which duplicates the names of the people who came to Oradour-sur-Glane from Charly in 1940 (now Charly-Oradour) and on the far left a 12th which duplicates the names of those who came from Alsace. From 2012 there has been added a 13th, free-standing tablet on the left, which duplicates the names of those of the Jewish faith, see also the full alphabetical list of all the victims names.
"Mosellans" means people from Charly (renamed Charly-Oradour from 1953) and from nearby Montoy-Flanville. See also: Names of the victims: Tomasina to Vincent, plus Mosellans. "Pupilles de l'assistance" means orphans in the care of the State. "Espangnols" means Spanish refugees living in Oradour following the Spanish Civil War.
© Michael Williams: minor revision March