As can be read below, the attack at Gabaudet was carried out by Das Reich on the 8th June 1944 before they moved on to Tulle and Oradour-sur-Glane. The hamlet of Gabaudet is very small today and has never recovered from the events of 1944. The main memorial listing the names of the dead is behind the photographer. As a minor point, note that the plaque misspells "Bretenoux" as, "Brethenoux" in the English translation below (even though it is shown correctly on the French side).
© Michael Williams April 2007