This view of Oradour was taken on the D3 between St. Victurnien and where the road crosses the D9. As far as can be determined it was at about this spot where the SS paused on the 10th June 1944 and made their final preparations before entering the village. It also seems to fit the description given by Kahn, in his statement of 1962 at Dortmund. The church can be seen in the centre of the view and all the buildings with roofs are post-war in date, see also the near-by view showing both the old and new villages.
© Michael Williams March 2008