The Centre de la Mémoire

    This is the modern visitor centre for the ruins of Oradour-sur-Glane; it opened in April 1999 and replaced the two small kiosks at the southern and northern ends of the Rue Emile Desourteaux which had been the previous ways in to the village. The present day Centre is the only official entrance to the ruins during normal opening hours. See the full range of opening dates and times here.   

The Centre de la Mémoire at Oradour-sur-Galne     

Previous Page

Next Page

Village map of Oradour-sur-Glane ruins
Oradour-sur-Glane village 1944

Start of tour

Picture gallery

Home Page

© Michael Williams: 10th March 2000