The old northern entrance to Oradour

    This is the old northern entrance to Oradour-sur-Glane (now closed) and it marks the northern limit of the destruction of the village. Just visible through the gate is the Dagoury house. The building on the extream right is the old kiosk (a modern building) which was used to admit visitors before the Centre de la Mémoire was opened in April 1999.

The old northern entrance to Oradour    

Previous Page

Next Page

Village map of Oradour-sur-Glane ruins
Oradour-sur-Glane village 1944

 Timeline  How to get there & places to stay  Rank table for the Waffen-SS  Site Map
Summary of In a Ruined State
 Picture Gallery  Bibliography  Notes on Language and terms used  Additions and Updates
In a Ruined State
 Appendices  Frequently asked questions (FAQ)  Latest News  

Home Page

© Michael Williams: 10th March 2000