The Watermill at Oradour

    This view shows the ruined village Watermill at Oradour-sur-Glane, it was used to grind the flour for making bread and made use of the readily available water power from the river Glane. To the left of the mill can be seen the old southern entrance to the village, through which the SS passed on their way on the 10th June. The church can just be seen amongst the trees above the entrance.

The Watermill at Oradour      

Previous Page

Next Page

Village map of Oradour-sur-Glane ruins
Oradour-sur-Glane village 1944

 

Start of tour

Picture gallery

Home Page

Michael Williams: 10th March 2000