Large clock face stopped at 4pm
This large clock face (about 10 inches in diameter) is on display in the crypt at Oradour-sur-Glane and in common with others, shows that it stopped at around 4pm (16:00) on Saturday 10th June 1944. It was obviously of local supply as can be seen from the "St. Junien" on the face just above the VI. There are many other clocks and watches, all showing a similar time and condition of having been burnt.
© Michael Williams November 2006