The bridge over the Glane at the southern end of the village
Seen in this view is the bridge over the River Glane at the southern end of the village. It was down this road and over this bridge that the SS came on the 10th June 1944. Some of the ruins can be seen at the end of the road and the church and the original southern entrance to the village are just out of sight behind the trees to the right. The river Glane runs from right to left in this view, that is from East to West. The view of the recreational area on the banks of the river is to the west (left) of this view.
© Michael Williams March 2010