Tributes to the teachers and schoolchildren of Oradour
The inscription reads, "To the memory of the 7 School Masters and Mistresses and the 152 little pupils of Oradour-sur-Glane who were led in ranks by the Nazi troops from the schools to the church and massacred there on the 10th June 1944" The main tribute is from the National Association of the Families of the Martyrs of Oradour-sur-Glane. The tribute was laid in the afternoon of 10th June 2009 as part of the 65th commemoration of the massacre. This memorial is in the grounds of the new village school in Rue de Saint Maur des Fossés and it duplicates the names on the main memorial in the cemetery: see this whole memorial and Roger Godfrin by the memorial in 1953.
© Michael Williams: July 2009